Monday, March 3, 2008

MY MONTHS OF WAITING

My NYSC experience starts with months of WAITING....I left School
September 2006(16 months had gone by) but I 'm still awaiting my posting...
...I had to fill NYSC form 3 times before i got mobilized(imagine that)......
I dont want to bore you with my experience of the time of waiting,but i think
it deem fit for you to know what went wrong.
Its actually strange to everyone i had ever happen to recount this story to.
.....I finished from Department of Fine and Appliied Arts, University
of BEnin,2006 but none of my class mate had gone for NYSC. You ask why?
Senate instisted our CERTIFICATE screening result to be presented before
our final result is given attention....Infact i got my statement of result January
this year,2008. (you wonder)

My experience of waiting 16months for NYSC was not palatable...its something
i can't forget in a life time...So many things had gone by but thank God i have
my webpages to show for it...I would like you to have a feel of what i create...............it's a frill of ethnicity,fashion, and art...... Access my paintings at,........ www.artwanted.com/adeniyi and my wear-able art at www.artwanted.com/duduethnikz

Sometimes i wonder if the NYSC ever worth the WAITING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well my friend..its been a long journey filled with memories of good, bad and ugly parts of our lifes but in all i believe we still have the little grace given to us to glorify God. There are times really that we just have to face the fact that this NYSC thing is just not worth the attention we are giving it. Many have lost the opportunity of a life time just because they counldn't provide a NYSC certificate. Many wallow in pain and in self-pity when they see thier mates dong what can be called WONDERS while all they do is sit and wait a whole year and even more for a useless..sorry to say... but necessary service year. But i believe the good intention behind it will someday be apprecaited but until then...FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! go back to your drawing board and think of something worthwhile to do about this scheme. And Segun, keep being your wonderful self. One love my brother. ITS Bunmi