A background in science of Pet Adesina Bola (FIRE) and the creative prowess of Pet Adeniyi Olusegun (ART) KW/08A/1172, has in a great measure enhanced the quality of their Peer Educators Training at Playfair Memorial College, Oro-ago, Ifelodun L.G.A. Pet Adesina Bola (FIRE) studied Biochemistry at OOU, Ogun state while Pet Adeniyi Olusegun (ART) is a graduate of Fine and Applied Art Department, University of Benin, Edo state.
In one of their classes Pet Adeniyi Olusegun (ART) created illustration on HOW HIV AFFECTS OUR BODY SYSTEM. Pet Adesina Bola (FIRE) gave vent to it by a verbal explanation of the drawing.
- Our body is protected against illnesses (such as cough, diarrhea) by the immune system (white blood cell). Immune system known as the body soldiers, combat illness without alerting the body except when it gets too serious.
- When HIV enters the human body the first assignment is to attack and if possible get ride of the immune system. At the end it weakens and destroys the immune system and open chances to other diseases to come into the body.
- Without the immune system different illnesses will attack the human body and eventually kills.
Conclusively, HIV is a virus that affects human beings and causes a lowering of the body’s immune system. This makes it impossible for the body to fight certain infections. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is the infection while AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the disease.
THE ABC OF PREVENTION IS-
- Abstain from sex before marriage.
- Be faithful to your sex partner (mutually).
- Condom use (correctly and consistently) for casual sex.
- Do not share any sharp object such as razor blades, knifes, needles, clippers, toothbrush e.t.c.