Friday, February 13, 2009

Brig-Gen. Maharazu Ismaila Tsiga, becomes the 14th Director-General of the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC).


The outgoing Director-General, Brig. Gen Yusuf Bomoi

The new Director-General; Brig-Gen. Maharazu Ismaila Tsiga
.....................................................................................................
Brig-Gen. Maharazu Ismaila Tsiga, becomes the 14th Director-General of the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC). He assumed duties on Monday 26th January, 2009 in Abuja as the new chief executive of the scheme. Tsiga, at the official take over from the outgoing Director-General, Brig. Gen Yusuf Bomoi, solicited the cooperation of the public and members of staff of NYSC to enable him excel.
“I am very happy to be back to the NYSC family. I am coming for the third time. I want to request that you kindly give me your full cooperation, so that we can have a very successful, meaningful and result-oriented tenure. I am appealing to all of you. Please note that a tree cannot make a forest,” Tsiga said.
Tsiga served as the Military Assistant (MA) to D-G, NYSC between 1992 and 1994. Tsiga said he will work hard towards the realisation of the objectives of the scheme.
“I left as a Military Assistant 18 years ago, and I am coming back to meet the same people I worked with. I am therefore soliciting for your commitment and cooperation.
“I cannot succeed without your advice and wisdom, never mind that am coming for the third time. This is a different tier entirely,” Tsiga said.
The outgoing D-G, appealed to members of staff to assist his successor to take the scheme to great heights adding that the office of Director-General is enormous and challenging.
“I have known Tsiga in the last 26 years, and I have no doubt that given his vast experience as a military officer, he will steer the affairs of the NYSC very well,’’ he said.

PROFILE OF BRIGADIER GENERAL M. I. TSIGA
Brigadier General Maharazu Ismaila Tsiga was born in Tsiga, Bakori Local Government Area of Katsina State in 1957. He attended College of Education, Kafanchan, the University of Abuja and Lagos State University.
He did his National Youth Service in 1981/82 in Bauchi State, and thereafter enlisted into the Nigerian Army and was commissioned 2nd Lieutenant in 1983. Since then he has served in the Nigerian Army in various capacities.
Instructor, Nigerian Army Education Corp, Ilorin 1984-1992
Millitary assistant to Director General NYSC 1992-1994
Staff Officer II Data and later Garrison Commander, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Minna 1994-1996
Staff Officer and Later Liaison Officer, Army HQ, Department of Military Secretary 1996-1998
Senior Research Officer, Defence HQ, Abuja 1998-2000
Commandant, Command Secondary School, Jos 2000-2004
Staff Officer I, Logistics and later Training, Nigerian Army Education Corps HQ, Yaba Lagos 2004-2005
Director, Nigerian Army Library Services Lagos 2005-2006
Director, Nigerian Army Museum, Zaria 2006-2007
Assistant Director, Army Education, 82 Divisions, Nigerian Army Enugu 2007 – January 2009
Appointed 14th Director General of the NYSC in January 2009

General Tsiga is the 3rd ex-corp member and the first former Military Assistant to a Chief Executive of NYSC to head the scheme. Brigadier General MI Tsiga’s Military profile includes Direct Short Service Course, Young Officers’ Course (Education), Instructional Technology and Range Management courses.

His career in the Nigerian Army spanning 26 years has seen him rise from the rank of 2nd Lieutenant to Lieutenant in May 1984, Captain in May 1988, Major in May 1993 and Lieutenant Colonel in May 1998. He was promoted to the rank of Colonel in August 2003 and then to his current rank of Brigadier General in August 2008.

The General has been decorated with the military medals of Forces Service Star (FSS), Meritorious Service Star (MSS) and Distinguished Service Star (DSS)

For his leisure, Tsiga enjoys reading, sporting activities and management.

He is happily married with seven (7) children and three (3) grand children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our dear General,
We were expecting a change in to be reflected in our Dec. ALAWII but unfortunately most of us found disappointment. I sincerely hope you'll do something about it as you specifically promised us in Katsina camp.Thank you SIR.

Anonymous said...

Dear general,thank u for spending time with the batch c at the nysc orientation ground in kaiama,bayelsa state.your fatherly advice were quiet endearing.Sir,51 corp's members were given scholarships by Mr. President,and many of us were left in the dark.pls,what was the mode of selection?thank u sir!corper kelechi,By/10b/1315.

seedly2000 said...

Dear great general, I really appreciate your good work you are doing since you assume the office. Sir, I really want you to help me look into my case. I served in borno State and I won the State Honours Award and to my surprise it was just handshake I was given, even I sent the money to the NYSC secretariat for them to post my certificate to me. Sir atleast there must be some to reward my effortless effort I've done. Sir you are the voice I have now, help me Sir. thanks, Aderinoye Adegboyega.A BO/08c/0292

Anonymous said...

Goodafternoon Sir ,
I hereby post this comment on behalf of all just passed-out Batch B corp members of River State as regards our 4months Federal arrears which we ought to have received before today , but the reverse is the case , we have not been paid hitherto which is not in any means fair because we really fought for the progress of this God's own country during this last election for democratic governance to continue its reign despite the bad and deadly situations that surrounded it .
Sir , please see to this case as we look forward to receiving positive response from you asap .
Thanks Sir !
Wee !